After a few weeks of beta tests, OnePlus is ready to roll out the stable OxygenOS 12 update for the Nord CE 2 5G. The phone originally launched this February with OxygenOS 11.3/Android 11 and will receive one more major OS update after this one (also, the company has committed to 3 years of security patches).
Besides all the new features from Android 12, this update (version C.05) also includes new features from OnePlus as well as the July security patch. Below is the full changelog for the new version:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- ewly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
To install the update, make sure your Nord CE 2 5G has at least 5GB of storage free and a battery charger of 30% or more. Note that you may not see the update right away as it is being rolled out incrementally. It is available only for a small percentage of users now and will expand over the next few days.
You can follow this forum post for reports from users who have already installed the update. There you will also find instructions on how to roll back to Android 11 if it proves necessary.
By the way, the original OnePlus Nord CE started receiving OxygenOS 12 yesterday.